Do you have hard water in your home? Are you tired of dealing with the problems it can cause, such as dry skin and hair, soap scum buildup on fixtures, and spots on dishes after they’ve been washed? If so, a water softener could be the answer. Water softeners are designed to reduce or eliminate the effects of hard water by removing minerals like calcium and magnesium that make it “hard.”
Continue below to learn 8 benefits of installing a water softening system in your home.
8 Reasons Why You Want Softened Water
1. Softer Skin and Hair – Hard water can strip skin and hair of its natural oils, making them dry and brittle. Softening your water will help keep your skin and hair hydrated, reducing the need for expensive moisturizers.
2. Reduced Soap Scum – Mineral deposits from hard water can leave a soapy film on everything from shower tiles to dishes after washing. Installing a softener prevents those minerals from being passed along in the water supply, helping you keep your home cleaner with less effort.
3. Longer-Lasting Appliances – The build-up of hard minerals in appliances like dishwashers and washing machines can reduce their lifespan significantly over time. A softener will help extend the life of your appliances by preventing mineral deposits.
4. Lower Water Heating Costs – Hard water can reduce the efficiency of your water heater, meaning you’ll be paying more to use it. Softened water requires less energy to heat, so you’ll save money on your monthly bills.
5. Cleaner Laundry – If you’ve ever noticed discoloration or residue on clothing after washing in hard water, a softener is the answer! Softening the water helps remove those minerals which can cause laundry to look dingy and dull over time.
6. Better Tasting Drinking Water – Minerals dissolved in hard water can have an off-putting taste and smell. A water softener can help make drinking water more pleasant by removing those elements, so you and your family can enjoy clean, fresh-tasting water straight from the tap.
7. Cleaner Bathing Water – Hard water leaves a scaly residue on bathtubs that’s difficult to remove without harsh chemicals. Softening the water will reduce scaling in bathrooms and help keep them looking cleaner longer.
8. Money Savings – Installing a water softener may seem like an expensive investment initially, but it can actually save you money over time with reduced soap costs, fewer appliance repairs or replacements, and lower energy bills for heating hot water.
If you have hard water in your home and are looking for a way to reduce its effects, installing a water softener can provide many benefits. It may take some time to recoup the cost of the softener, but in the long run you’ll be glad you made the investment!
Average Cost of Water Softening
As homeowners, we’re focused on providing our families with healthy, clean water. But hard water can easily impede those efforts, leading to mineral buildup in pipes and a less-than-ideal taste. While water softening is a common solution that can help ward off those issues, many people are left wondering about its average cost.
Depending on your home’s particular needs, the cost of a water softener can vary greatly. Some factors that can affect pricing include the size and type of softener, any additional installation costs, and ongoing maintenance expenses. However, the good news is that in recent years, prices for such systems have generally become more affordable, making it easier for more homeowners to take control of their water’s quality.
If you have any questions about water softening and hard water removal, don’t hesitate any longer! Contact Weilhammer Plumbing Company at 317-784-1870 for water softener sales, service, and installation in Indianapolis, Indiana. At our plumbing company, we serve both residential and commercial clients with top-notch service.
How to Choose the Right Water Softening System for Your Needs
Are Water Softeners Worth the Cost?
How to Tell if Your Water Softener Needs Maintenance