The leaves have been falling for quite some time now, which means the ground is saturated with tree remnants. Hopefully you have your plumbing maintenance checklist in motion! It is important to get your fall season plumbing care needs out of the way before the winter freeze is upon us.
Continue below to learn some of the most important elements of fall plumbing maintenance, plus who to trust in Indianapolis for superior plumber service and repair at an affordable price.
Fall Plumbing Service Checklist
It’s that time of year again! As the leaves start to change fall from the trees, it’s time to think about preparing your home for the colder months ahead. One of the most important things you can do is make sure your plumbing is in good working order. After all, you don’t want to be dealing with a burst pipe or a clogged drain when it’s freezing outside!
Here is a helpful plumbing care checklist for the fall season:
1. Check all of your outdoor faucets and hose connections for leaks. If you find any, make sure to repair them before the cold weather sets in.
2. Disconnect and drain all outdoor hoses. Store them indoors for the winter.
3. If you have an in-ground sprinkler system, have it professionally winterized before the first freeze.
4. Inspect your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are clean and free of debris. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage and foundation problems.
5. If you have a sump pump, make sure it is in good working order and that the batteries are fresh. A sump pump is your first line of defense against basement flooding.
6. Inspect all exposed pipes, both inside and outside your home, for signs of leaks or damage. If you find any, have them repaired as soon as possible.
7. If you have a water softener, have it checked and serviced if necessary.
8. Have your septic system pumped and inspected if you have one.
By following this simple plumbing maintenance checklist, you can help avoid costly repairs and ensure that your home is ready for the colder months ahead.
Do Not Skip Routine Plumbing Service
Routine plumbing repair and service is important to keep your system running smoothly. Skipping inspections and maintenance can lead to costly repairs and health hazards. Plumbers in Indianapolis can identify and fix small problems before they become big ones, so it’s important to schedule regular service appointments.
Are you ready to get your property all caught up for fall and ready to go for winter? Contact Weilhammer Plumbing Company at 317-784-1870 for licensed and insured plumbing inspection service and plumbing repair. We provide residential and commercial plumbing services in Indianapolis all throughout Central Indiana.
How to Prevent Frozen Plumbing Pipes This Season
How to Check For Water Leaks in Your Plumbing System
Top 5 Things That Will Destroy Your Plumbing Pipes